Dominica minister resigns over alleged sex scandal… (video)
ROSEAU, Dominica– Ian Pinard, Dominica’s minister of public works, resigned his cabinet post on Wednesday following allegations made against him of inappropriate sexual conduct with a 15-year-old high school student. Pinard released the following videotaped statement in which he said, “In light of these allegations, I consider my continued presence in the cabinet can adversely impact the important work this government is doing and must continue to do for the people of Dominica.”
He continued that, in order more to appropriately address the allegations against him and also in order to focus on other very important personal matters, he had earlier on Wednesday tendered to the prime minister his resignation as a minister of government with immediate effect.
Pinard said he would continue to serve as MP for the Soufriere constituency. His resignation came just hours after a local businessman was arrested and questioned by police in relation to allegations of sexual assault concerning the same 15-year-old student. An opposition parliamentarian is also alleged to have sexually abused the teenager in separate incidents.
The 15-year-old is said to have given police graphic accounts of her encounters with the men and backed it up with videos, photos and text messages.
280 total views, 1 views today